|This article is a stub. Please help Sciencemadness Wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, and improving existing text.
These are some unanswered questions which home experimentation many uncover the answers to.
Transition metals and coordination chemistryEdit
- What is the optimal method of producing ethylenediamine complexes of chromium?
- Why does chromium(III) sulfate undergo numerous color changes?
- Is it possible to isolate bis(ethylenediamine)nickel(II) chloride as a neutral complex?
- What is the reddish powder obtained by dissolving molybdenum in nitric acid?
Lanthanides and actinidesEdit
- What is the optimal storage technique for europium(II) compounds?
- Is it possible to stabilize samarium(II) or ytterbium(II) compounds in a commonly available aprotic solvent, such as methanol or diethyl ether? Can they be crystallized without decomposition?
- What lanthanide ions are fluorescent? What ligands and anions can enhance this?
- What types of ligands can lanthanide ions coordinate to?